What is S.A.L.S.A.?
SALSA is a surf competition that helps raise funds for the ALS Association. The ALS Association will use the funds to research cures for Lou Gehrig's disease and for patients who have Lou Gehrig's disease.
What is A.L.S.?
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a fatal neuromuscular disease that can strike anyone without warning. Every 90 minutes someone in this country will be diagnosed with ALS and every 90 minutes someone will lose their battle against this devastating disease.
Who Can Compete?
Anyone can compete!
- Novice (Beginners)
- Boys (14 and Under)
- Juniors (15-17)
- Girls Shortboard (All Ages)
- Men (18 and Over)
- Longboard (21 and Under)
- Longboard 22 and Over)
- Seniors (40 and Over)
- Virtual Surfers (Donations only)
- 10 Wave Maximum
- 15 minute heats
- Top two waves are scored
- Water start at 5 minute horn
- 6 man heats, top 3 advance
Seniors: Longboard 22 and over:
1. Rich Garrett 1. Mike Jorgenson
2. Richard Payne 2. Steven Newton
3. Charlie Carver 3. Darren Eudaly
4. Lance Albright 4. Shane Van Herk
5. Derek Rubio 5. Kelly Kravshar
6. Russ Dunning 6. Zoran Forgiarini
Mens: Longboard 21 and under:
1. Clay Crandal 1. Cole Carden
2. Bryan Van Arsdale 2. Nicholas Kennedy
3. Bret Myers 3. Wade Carden
4. Eddie Elles 4. Justin Brand
5. Porter Hogan 5. Austin Ferrirea
6. Mitch Grant 6. Jordan Latour
1. Jesse Steelman 1. Jacob Baker
2. Cameron Faris 2. Tyler Gunter
3. Luke Barrett 3. George Gleason
4. Cole Devine 4. Preston Dexter
5. Justin Davis 5. Stephen Gingrich
6. Alex Barone 6. Hunter Barrett
1. Jenna Balestar 1. Kalohe Danbara
2. Rikki Alley 2. Diego Quinonez
3. Brooe Daignealt 3. Megan Zink
4. Cassie Dunbar 4. Mary Vasquez
5. Dana McDaniel
6. Shelby Detmers
How to Register?
Fill out the entry form on the left and mail it to the address on the form.
All entries are due by March 3, 2011. Entry fee is $40.
Please note that there are no refunds - we appreciate your donation.
When is the Competition?
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Where is the Competition?
South Side of the Huntington Beach Pier
How to Donate
Donations can be made out to "SALSA for ALS" and mailed to:
9622 Lassen Circle, Huntington Beach, CA. 92646